Wednesday 26 February 2020

IKIGAI



I am not a big fan of self help book. In fact I hate most of the celebrated author in this category. The main reason may be might be my ego. I find it very ridiculous and funny if someone asks me what to eat, how to face life and of the foremost –how to think.
‘Think’ this the only thing that ‘I think I do best’
Then I lost my flow, forget writing I lost my art of thinking, reading and my philosophy.
My philosophy was –nothing
A subject matter that kept me engorged for about twenty years. It culminated in my last novel –Singhdwar. In the book the protagonist find sancta, six philosophies that artist Nicholas Rourich found answer the last stop of sancta was –And we open the door and the protagonist came out of nothingness and find a new meaning to life.
Many time writers are engorged in their plot and I was inside –Nothingness and my routine called life.

In order to reinvent myself I came back to my basics –to start finding time to read. I randomly ordered Viktor Frankele- Mens Search for Meaning. I was not a typical self help book but it worked as a self help to me. My ego was not affected as
1.      his suffering were much more than any human can imagine of (still he overcame it and emerged as a Hero) so I cannot accuse him of just another adviser
2.      and the book didn’t suggested anything like do this and do that but his philosophy of LOGOTHERAPY was based on finding individualised path to search for meaning of life
 
After some time I started hearing about this book: ‘IKIGAI -The Japanese Secret to Long and Happy life, and started seeing the book in roadside as well as leading book stores .Was little reluctant to buy it as I already have a long waiting list of must read books and yes paucity of time in this routine called life and off course it seems to be a Self Help Book with lot of advice that readers will never follow after few 
But I could not resist the temptation when a pile of book was purchased for college students by our college authority in order to promote reading habit.  I unabashedly asked my head of the institute –“May I have a copy of this book “?

To my relive Madam allowed very happily gave it to me in a public ceremony. So again in a bout of reading thrust I opened –IKIGAI and found it to be a continuation of my thought sequel –Singhadwar, Men’s Search for Meaning.
Author Hector Gracia and Fraces Miralles started with Victor Frankel and continued with how to search your own meaning of life. Simple steps to solve the modern life’s problem (with elaboration and emphasis on cell phone abdication) it also advices on
Eating habits (Eat 80% of your estimate to fill your stomach), returning to nature (a common modern day problem), getting rid of bad vibes, keeping the good vibes etc.
Most of the things we know we should do but never follow.... but this book is definitely an inspiration to follow a good habit in life.
And I liked it because it doesn’t enforce and rule but ask you to find your own IKIGAI that is reason for being.    

No comments:

Post a Comment