Wednesday 9 September 2009

Jatra


A Collection of Creative Fiction in Assamese (My first one)

Cover curator: Dr.Uddip Talukdar

Unknowingly Jatra has turned out to be a compilation of phases of the most striking portion of life - Youth hood.

I started writing short stories for friends en al who were not into creative line and were complaining about the metaphysical content of my plays we used to stage in mid nineties. All I wanted was to compensate for their criticism. So in the beginning my stories were funny based on day to day experience of early adolescence, I used to play with the wordings & narrative stunts only.

But as the journey progressed, and we all metamorphosed into various individuals the contents, narration & essence of our definitions changed and at the crossroads of life-jatra become my prospective view of flight of a young mind in search of exactitude.

Stories were written over last fourteen years and already published in premier Assamese literary journals like ‘Prantik, Sadin, Satsori, Jonosadharan.


No comments:

Post a Comment